Monday, September 30, 2013

Paddle On

Yesterday, I drove up to Swartswood State Park to make use of their lake and admire the Fall foliage just starting to come out.  Not only do I offer these pictures as proof that New Jersey is beautiful, but they also represent why I love canoeing.  I can go out onto the water and explore places I wouldn't be able to on foot, without a loud motor, just the swish of the boat gliding through the lake.  If you've never been to Swartswood, it's in my new favorite part of North Jersey, in Sussex and Warren counties, where there's a state park and/or historical site pretty much every 5 miles (sometimes less).  I highly recommend going up there.  There was no launch fee or entrance fee because it's the off-season now, but I almost wish there had been, so that I could help support these wonderful NJ state parks.

It was an absolutely gorgeous, clear day with perfect 75-degree weather.

No instagramming necessary for a view like this.

We encountered a little sailboat party going on.

Happy trees and cloud reflections

A hint of changing leaves.

The colors, Duke!  The colors!

In other news, today is my last day as a nanny.  Onto new things.  It's kind of exciting and scary.  Hopefully, I'll be able to tell you more later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment