Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday Three

Like a "Friday Five," but I didn't feel like coming up with two more things.

Eastern State Penitentiary
We visited this now-closed prison in Philadelphia where we saw Al Capone's cell, an escape tunnel from the 1940s, and an antique operating room.


Boardwalk Arcades
I'm not much of a beach person, sadly, but I do love a good boardwalk.  Ocean City's boardwalk is one of the best, with Kohr Brothers frozen custard and arcades for everyone.

I did get my fortune, but I didn't turn into Tom Hanks from the 1980s

Simpsons pinball

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Mildly Disturbing Minigolf Decor
A lot of boardwalk minigolf is all show and no substance.  This particular course was actually an interesting one to play on, with real obstacles, but some questionable sculptures and paintings.
Like this version of Lucy the Elephant, giving me the side-eye...

...or this horrifying octopus-giraffe hybrid...

... or this pantsless Porky, drunkenly fist-pumping and staring at people's butts while they putt.

My future brother-in-law also let me tag along for parasailing with his mom and girlfriend.  Real pictures to follow.  Now, I will be off the grid for a night or two as we go semi-camping.








No comments:

Post a Comment