Monday, August 5, 2013

A Moveable Feast

My doorstep garden is progressing, slowly but surely.

The tomato plants are definitely taller and thicker than they were before, although the leaves are on the yellow side, so I can never tell whether or not I've killed them.  Hopefully I'll have some tomatoes before the frost comes!

What I thought was basil turned out to be parsley.  I guess that means my basil didn't grow at all.  But that's OK!  There's a lot I can do with parsley (tabbouleh, pesto, soups, etc.)  It looks pretty good to me, but I'm not sure how it's supposed to look when it's finished growing.  Obviously, I am not a very experienced gardener.  These are only the second [and third] plants I've ever successfully grown... and even then, we'll have to wait and see.

I'll be in Ocean City at my boyfriend's fiance's (weird) parents' house for the rest of the summer, so I will be bringing these plants with me so I can keep an eye on them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment