Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Best Moments of Italy

This post is actually a lie.  Most of my favorite things from my trip around Italy were things that I either couldn't or didn't take pictures of (mainly food, but also things like the Capuchin Crypt).  Still, I was able to capture some parts of the trip that I definitely want to remember.

walking around on top of Milan's "Duomo"

this apertif cocktail, which I will be making at home

a gondola ride around Venice with my family

visiting the "Bridge of Sighs" at the Doge's Palace in Venice

strolling along the Arno River with a view of the Ponte Vecchio at night in Florence

being proposed to (!) in the Medieval city of Siena

the private terrace at my hotel in Rome, which made me feel like Sophia Loren in Ieri, Oggi, Domani

seeing Bernini's "Ecstasy of Saint Teresa" in real life

Seriously, though... I should have taken more pictures of food.  I think that is what I will miss most.  I might need to get an espresso machine so I can have cappuccinos in the morning (and then a dishwasher to clean all the little parts).
Now we're in Budapest for a couple of days, but we just got in last night, so my favorite things so far are my unique hotel and how cheap everything is (compared to Italy).  I'm both scared and excited because Hungary is so different from anywhere else I've been.  This is probably the first time since childhood that I've gone someplace where I don't understand a word of the language and have no idea what to expect.  But isn't breaking out of your comfort zone sort of the point of traveling?






No comments:

Post a Comment