Wednesday, June 26, 2013

VanillaPunk's Punk Top Fifteen List

In case you couldn't tell from the name of this blog, I have a pretty strong punk streak running through me.  I spent my teenage years going to shows (not concerts) at local clubs and buying "Punk-o-Rama" CD's at Sam Goody.  I may have owned one of those ball chain necklaces (OK I definitely did) and wore Converse All Stars and dyed my hair a different color every month.  I never destroyed property or got into fights, but I did make a lot of controversial artwork at school (ha). In case you don't have much experience with the genre, or just want to exchange some conversation over true classics and personal favorites, here are my top 15 punk songs that I think everyone should know.  Enjoy!

15. (I'm) Stranded - The Saints


14. Code Blue - TSOL


13. Girl in the Sweater - The Hard-Ons (this isn't actually my favorite song by them, but it's their only "single" type of song and I couldn't find many others on youtube)


12. Another Shot of Whiskey - The Gits


11. Viva La Revolution - The Adicts


10. Black Flag - TV Party


9. What Do I Get? - Buzzcocks (although I really just wanted to put all of their songs on here)


8. Holiday in Cambodia - Dead Kennedys


7. In the City - The Jam


6. Blank Generation - Richard Hell and the Voidoids


5. Born to Lose - Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers


4. Skulls - The Misfits


3. Knowledge - Operation Ivy


2. Ruby Soho - Rancid


1. Judy is a Punk - The Ramones

By the way, I am fully away on vacation right now, so most of my posts until July 13th are pre-scheduled and maybe not as frequent as they were when I was home.  Bear with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment