Monday, June 24, 2013

Grooming

I decided that I couldn't go away on vacation with my hair so out of control.  I hadn't had a haircut since December!  I love that my hair grows so fast and that it gets so long, but I can tell that I really need a haircut when it starts getting limp, shapeless, and full of knots.  I still had the remnants of some ombre at the ends, which looked good when my hair was neat, but looked dry and damaged when I let it go for too long.
Here's the "before" shot...
Luckily, my friend Annie is a hair stylist and knows how to cut it exactly the way I like it, even if I don't really know what I want to do with it.  I told her that I wanted the layers put back in and not lose a lot of length, but I needed a style that was low maintenance because ain't nobody got time to blow-dry in the summer.
So it turned out like this:
It looks so much better now.  Shape and body, and it's so much softer.  And I can actually brush it now!  Although I could never make it look as good as Annie did, I think it still looked pretty decent on the second day without any styling or products.

One of the best parts about having a friend cut my hair is that I get to hang out at her place with her adorable lab/pitbull mix puppy!  This dog was so sweet, it almost makes me want to get one.



No comments:

Post a Comment