Friday, May 3, 2013

Spring Cleaning Part 3

OK, so not a lot of real cleaning has happened over the last day and a half, except that my boyfriend washed all of the dishes (real men do).  I went on a little bit of a Home Goods shopping spree... some things seemed necessary, others were just for fun.  Somehow, even without doing anything else, adding some personality to our place has made it feel cleaner, more purposeful -- not just a bunch of things thrown randomly around the apartment.  Maybe it's all in my head because I'm excited about the new things I bought.  I think my "decorating" is getting a little annoying to a certain someone... he wasn't very amused last night when he got out of bed to find me trying to hang curtains in the living room by myself at 11pm.  

the aforementioned curtains

old chair, new rug, new curtains, new end table for my laptop

another new rug 

new, lighter, summer bedding

interesting bookshelf that solves part of the clutter problem

our autograph collection, hung up and off of the desk

I won opera tickets again.  Don't hate me.  This time, I'll be seeing the introduction to Wagner's Ring cycle, Das Rheingold.  I've looked at some previews online and it looks like it's going to be an amazing production.  Life ain't so bad sometimes. 

The cleaning will continue through the weekend and into next week.  At least I got the closet done.  I was starting to think that would never happen.  Until then, have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment