Friday, May 31, 2013

Heat Wave Playlist

And I don't mean Linda Ronstadt.
Warning:  This post contains a high concentration of mandolins and fiddles.
I don't know what it is about heat that just makes me feel all folksy.
Anyway, here's what I'm listening to during this encounter with summer weather...

1. Little Big Town - Pontoon
because "Tornado" seemed a tad inappropriate

2. Sara Watkins - Long Hot Summer Days
I wish they had the album version available for me to post from youtube, but alas... this is pretty good anyway.

3. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Man on Fire
I especially love this video because it has the New York City ballet in it!

4. Langhorne Slim and the Law - Bad Luck

5. Thao and the Get Down Stay Down - We the Common (for Valerie Bolden)
a little bit like Feist, if you haven't heard her before

6. Mumford and Sons - Roll Away Your Stone

7. The Decemberists - Sons and Daughters

8. Jack White - Love Interruption

9. Old Crow Medicine Show - Wagon Wheel
obligatory

10. Alabama Shakes - Always Alright
I love this song so much, but iTunes won't let me buy it unless I buy the whole Silver Linings Playbook soundtrack.  I hate it when they do that.  Anyway, awesome summer song.

I'm not complaining about the heat at all.  I'm embracing it.  I've been running outside, taking the kids to the park at work, and even got S to play tennis with me in the 95 degree weather last night.  We had so few days of sun so far this year, a little sweat won't hurt me.  It does seem unfair, however, that the same weather that makes me want to eat fresh fruits and vegetables also makes me want to eat frozen yogurt every day.  Oh well, what is it the kids are saying these days?  "You only get to live one time?"  YOGTLOT?  That sounds right to me.

1 comment:

  1. Not only is this version less vanilla (that works on several levels), NPR said it was good. Plus...see if you can catch how we know the other video cast members.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKyBcCDOB4

    ReplyDelete