Monday, April 1, 2013

Ocean City Easter

Ever since the Easter bunny stopped bringing baskets to my parents' house, Easter has been a non-holiday for me.  It was fun to celebrate it again and even participate in some traditions that I never had as a kid (no egg hunts for me, no leaving carrots out for the bunny).  It's kind of funny that I fell in love with the "son of a preacher man" because yesterday was the first time in four years that I set foot in a church.  I also ate way more than I should have, but I tried to offset the pierogies, meat and cake with salads and vegetables.  That works, right?  Ha.  I tried to document the day without being too obnoxious, but I think I might need to invest in a real camera sometime soon.
pretty and historical stained glass windows at the church

hidden Easter eggs FILLED with candy

vegetable buffet

quinoa with roasted asparagus, olives, and parmesan!

all kids love bubbles -- it's a rule
birthday cake or Easter cake, happy either way
the perfectly roasted ham of Liz Lemon's dreams

I like being on vacation.  It was a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment